- West Middle School Athletics
- Basketball - Boys
- Basketball - Girls
- Cross Country - Boys
- Cross Country - Girls
- Cross Country Ski
- Downhill Ski
- Golf - Boys
- Golf - Girls
- Soccer - Boys
- Soccer - Girls
- Tennis - Boys
- Tennis - Girls
- Track & Field - Boys
- Track & Field - Girls
The Traverse City West Athletic Boosters is a registered 501(c)3, non-profit organization dedicated to help support all athletic teams and student-athletes at Traverse City West Senior High School. Through our fundraising efforts, we have raised approximately $100,000 over the past 3 years. Some of the benefits from our fundraising efforts over the past three years include:
- Weight Room Supervisor - The Athletic Boosters have covered the costs for a weight room supervisor at WSH for the past 3 school years. This has allowed the weight room to remain open & available daily for all students---both athletes & non-athletes--- to use as needed.
- UnSung Hero Scholarship - Over the past three years, the Boosters have awarded $4000 in scholarship money to a male & female senior athlete that is planning on attending college after graduation.
- Retirement of Soccer Field Debt -The Boosters assisted the TC West Soccer program by paying off approximately $3500 of its remaining obligation for improvements made to the soccer fields at the Coast Guard site.
- Individual Team Grants - The Boosters have awarded over $25,000 to individual teams---per their request---at TC West, to help the coaches meet the costs of competing throughout the season. These funds have been used to purchase uniforms & equipment, pay for coaching clinics & salaries, and cover the transportation costs incurred as our teams travel throughout the state.
- Training Room Ice Machine - The Boosters donated approximately $1800 to cover the costs of a new ice machine for the athletic department training room.
- Ongoing Projects - The Boosters currently maintain a Titan merchandise sale program and we have recently established our own website, www.tcwestboosters.com which will offer complete information on all Booster activities along with online purchase capabilities of Titan gear.
In addition to the above efforts---some of which we fund on an annual basis---our
primary goal is to help provide the Traverse City West Athletic Programs with the tools they need in order to become the best in the State of Michigan. By continuing & increasing our fundraising efforts, we will free our coaches up to focus on what they do best---training & educating our athletes. We also hope to help cover the increasing transportation costs that are being passed down to each team so our coaches will not have to eliminate the scheduling of downstate competition due to rising costs. In our view, this is a critical issue in that if you want to become the best, you must compete against the best, which typically means playing schools from Lower Michigan.
Over the past several years we have made great strides, but we have a long way to go. With your help, we can achieve our goals of helping Titan Student-Athletes become the best in the State of Michigan. Please feel free to contact us to learn how you can help us achieve our goals.